- Download the firmware file from Linksys’ site. You can click here to search for the latest update on VersionTracker.
- If needed, change the last three letters of the downloaded file from “exe” to “zip”.
- Drop the file onto StuffIt Expander. Note: You must have the newest
versions of StuffIt Expander and DropStuff, both available from
- Once the file is decompressed, you will have a folder. Inside that folder
is a file called “code.BIN”. This is the firmware file.
- Press the reset button on the front of the router with a paper clip for ten seconds.
Start MacTFTP Client. For the address, put in “192.168.1.1″. Enter your password in the password field. If that password doesn’t work, use the default password, “admin”. For the file, select or drop the “code.BIN” file.
- Start the transfer. It should go through without a hitch and should last
less than thirty seconds.
- Press the reset button on the router.
- You may have to reset the settings in your router, including the password, as per the Linksys manual.